Share

Ukrainian ‘Black Widow’ asks High Court to rule on case

Ukrainian ‘Black Widow’ asking court to rule she was not involved in hit-and-run death of her British businessman husband denies she is doing it ‘for the money’

  • Anna Ziuzina has asked for High Court ruling that she did not murder Barry Pring
  • Mr Pring’s family believe that the 47-year-old’s death in Kiev was pre-meditated
  • His brother Shaughan says it’s ‘bloody obvious’ she was involved in his death
  • Ms Zuizina, an ex-stripper who is now with a developer, denies all involvement

Alexander Robertson For Mailonline

The ‘Black Widow’ has asked the High Court to rule that she played no part in the death of her British husband Barry Pring (pictured)

A Ukrainian internet bride accused of organising the hit-and-run death of her British millionaire husband says it is ‘nonsense’ that she did it ‘for the money’. 

Anna Ziuzina, dubbed the ‘Black Widow’, has asked for a High Court ruling that she did not murder Barry Pring, who died on their first wedding anniversary in 2008.

Mr Pring’s family believe the 47-year-old IT consultant’s death in Kiev was deliberate and premeditated.

Relatives also believe that Ms Ziuzina, 38, who has changed her name by deed poll to Julianna Moore, was implicated, said Deputy Master Lloyd on Tuesday.

If that belief was proved to be correct, the forfeiture rule – which precludes a person who has unlawfully killed another from benefiting in consequence – would ‘unquestionably’ apply, he added.

The judge, who is only concerned with case management, said that it was time ‘for the brake to come off’ the determination of the forfeiture issue so it could move forward.

‘To do otherwise would simply be to prolong the delay in finally resolving the issue without, in my judgment, securing any real benefit to the parties or to the administration of justice.’

Any hearing is unlikely before autumn 2018.

Ms Ziuzina’s counsel, John McLinden QC, has claimed she was under the shadow of an unfair and relentless campaign against her.

Mr Pring is said to have been besotted with Miss Ziuzina despite his friends’ fears that she was a ‘gold-digger’. They are pictured together above

Mr Pring’s family believe the 47-year-old IT consultant’s death in Kiev was deliberate and premeditated

‘She wants me to say publicly that the family are completely wrong in their belief and sight has been lost that she too has been gravely affected by this tragedy,’ he said.

Ms Ziuzina, who lives in Marbella and was not in court in London, wanted the forfeiture issue dealt with as soon as possible while the family wanted it to remain on hold until after a fresh inquest.

The verdict of the first inquest, that of unlawful killing, was quashed for procedural irregularity after an appeal from Ms Zuizina. 

The judge said the family’s position was that they ‘simply want justice for Barry’, that their efforts had not been irrational, unfair or lawful and, if Ms Ziuzina thought otherwise, it was open to her to bring a defamation action.

Mr McLinden said there had been ‘gross misrepresentation’ of Ms Ziuzina’s position.

Ukrainian Ganna Ziuzina (pictured), 38, has asked for a ‘murder determination’ from judges as she fights to unlock the £2m estate of Barry Pring

Mr Pring died intestate and to prevent her receiving the share of the estate to which she was entitled, the family invoked the forfeiture rule, saying she had murdered the deceased, he added.

‘In order to defend the murder allegation, she was forced to engage with the forfeiture rule which had been raised against her.

‘If she had not, she would have been labelled a murderer.

‘To suggest she is in this for the money, as opposed to defending the murder allegation against her, is a nonsense.’

Mr Pring’s estate is now worth about £250,000.

Comments 1

Share what you think

The comments below have been moderated in advance.

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.

We are no longer accepting comments on this article.